10 CE hours are available for this course for
- Drug & alcohol counselors
- Social workers
Course Completion Statement: To receive your proof of attendance, you will need to purchase the CE option in addition to the course. Once purchased, youwill receive instructions in the course website on how to access the post tests and the course evaluation. Once you have passed the post tests (with 75% correct orhigher) and completed the evaluation, you will receive a link to print your certificate of attendance. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
Overall Course Learning Objectives
Clinicians will be able to describe ethics as an internal set of guiding practices verses external rules in a code or legal document.
Module 1: Boundaries, Conflicts, & Expectations: From Blind Spots to Clarity
- List at least 3 common sources of practitioner blind spots
- List the 6 steps for thinking through an ethical dilemma
- Describe how a practitioner can become aware thats/he is being invited in to a potentially problematic boundary situation.
Module 2: Minimizing Risk in The Practice of Energy Healing: Understanding Legal and Ethical Requirements around Advertising, Claims,Scope of Practice and Informed Consent
- Describe the potential legal limitations of doing therapy over the internet.
- Discuss the appropriate language that you can and cannot use on your website in order to comply with ethical and legal standards.
- List at least three things that should be in an informed consent document.
Module 3: Developing Spiritual and Religious Competencies
- List at least 3 of the 16 spiritual competencies for practitioners.
- Discuss at least 2 ways to ask clients about their spiritual or religious lives in a therapeutic manner.
- Describe at least two of your own religious or spiritual assumptions and how they might influence your work with clients.
Module 4: Ethics and Values around Money and Professional Practice
- Discuss fee setting issues from the perspective of professional and personal integrity.
- Describe two factors that influence how practitioners think about money and value when working with clients.
- List the three negative myths about money in the culture .
Module 5: Understanding Race Based Stress and trauma: An Ethical Imperative
- Describe the characteristic of race-based traumatic Stress
- Delineate three myths that create barriers to therapists being able to effectively addressing race based stress
- List at least two ethical issues when it comes to dealing with race-based stress and trauma
ACEP is a nationally approved provider for the
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB, 1048)
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC, 100504)
PLEASE NOTE: The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) is accredited by many professional organizations to offer Continuing Education credit. Many states enact licensing requirements for continuing education that override the rules of even a national accreditation organization. So, please check with your state Licensing Board or accrediting organization for the latest regulations, especially in regards to online CE. Some states have restrictions on the number of hours you may take online. As state boards meet frequently and revise and/or clarify license requirements regularly we always recommend you check with your state board for the most recent information.
Psychologists: ACEP is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor Continuing Education for Psychologists . Psychologists completing this program receive 8 Continuing Education Hours. ACEP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers: ACEP, provider #1048, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards(ASWB) www .aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program . ACEP maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period : 2/28/22 – 2/28/25. Social worker s should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social worker s participating in this course will receive 8 continuing education clock hours.
California: ACEP is an approved CE provider by the APA, which is recognized by the California Board of Psychology to offer CEs for CA-based psychologists,and by the ASWB and NBCC, which are recognized by California Board of Behavioral Sciences to offer CEs for CA-based MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs. ACEP is an approved CE provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider #14626).
Florida: ACEP is an approved CE provider FL Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling, Certified Master Social Workers and FL Board of Nursing (CE Provider #50-10765). ACEP is an approved provider for CLARITY & WISDOM: ETHICS & ENERGY HEALING (FL CE Broker Tracking #20-622062).
New York: Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology (ACEP) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers, #SW-0164, and the State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors, #MHC-0138, and marriage and family therapists, #MFT-0069.