CLARITY & WISDOM
ETHICS & ENERGY HEALING
Buy it now, own it forever!
10 CE credits
Ethics is about much more than knowing the rules.
It’s an ongoing process of developing your internal guidance system!
Having a solid knowledge of the ethics landscape is a vital part of creating a sustainable practice.
It can help you...
Avoid legal and ethical problems that may cost you thousands of dollars and mountains of stress
Improve your relationships and clinical outcomes with clients
Build your business on a more solid foundation
Increase your clarity and wisdom
Ethical clarity & wisdom is about resolving blind spots that can lead to...
- Unwise actions stemming from good intentions
- Breaking the law without knowing it
- Inadvertently harming or alienating clients
- Imposing your worldview on your client without knowing it
- Poor boundaries
- Lack of self care
- Increased stress
- Blocks to financial success
- Losing clients and never knowing why
Upgrade Your Ethical Knowledge While Expanding Your Clarity & Wisdom
Here's a quick recap of what you'll learn in the course. Scroll down for more details.
- Risk management issues in your practice, including things like what you can and can’t say on your website. Fixing one mistake here could easily be worth 10 times the price of the course. And that’s only one thing.
- Clarity and wisdom in managing boundaries, expectations and other relationship issues. There are so many facets to this area. For example, you’ll learn the ethics of how to share the insights you receive in a non-ordinary way, such as intuition or energetic impressions. Whether you’re a new or seasoned practitioner, it’s so important to know or refresh yourself in this domain.
- Spiritual competency training. Think of this as a special case of cultural competency training. Like most professionals, you probably haven't had any formal training in how to assess people along spiritual dimensions, or how to look at your hidden biases. Hidden biases can negatively influence clients, and even make them leave prematurely. But don’t worry, we’ll give you specific tools that will make a huge difference.
- Becoming aware of, and resolving blind spots around money issues and the role of the healing professional that often masquerade as “being ethical”. For example, how do you ethically decide how much to charge? Learn specific steps you can take to find your answer.
- Understanding race-based stress and trauma - an ethical imperative. Ethnic and race-based stress and trauma are undeniable realities for millions of people, yet many clinicians do not understand what they are. Dealing with issues of race, ethnicity and diversity in general are often difficult and challenging. It is an ethical imperative that therapists, healers and all health professionals have awareness, compassion and skill sets to deal with these issues.
PLUS, you'll get valuable, free bonuses!
Who says ethics has to be boring?
World-class faculty includes...
David Feinstein • Cassandra Vieten • Lynne Twist
Gail Parker • Midge Murphy • Ken Cohen
Offering you over 250 years of combined wisdom
What's in the Course?
Our goal is nothing less than to help you deepen your clarity and your wisdom. The course is broken into five, 2-hour modules that together present a deeply holistic approach to ethics.
Each module has a lead instructor who presents in a one hour video. Then there is 1-hour power pod conversation with the lead instructor and other leaders of the field.
You get specific actionable steps you can take immediately, PLUS you'll learn the nuances that different people bring to the table. You'll be thinking about what you are learning long after the videos are done.
After all, ethics is not just about taking some specific actions. It's a mindset that continually evolves.
The five modules are described below.
Boundaries, Roles & Expectations: From Blind Spots to Clarity
At the heart of ethics is the importance of not doing harm to clients and maximizing the therapeutic effects of our work. Since our work takes place within a relational context, it is crucial that we work on our own blind spots, and our abilities to manage expectations and roles. This module covers a wide variety of topics to assist you, including:
- The most common ethical dilemmas of energy practitioners
- 9 common blind spots practitioners tend to have and how to navigate them
- 6 steps for thinking through an ethical dilemma
- A simple three step mantra to calm personal reactions to clients
- The importance of creating “sacred space” during therapeutic work, and how this can be challenging.
- The role of the drama triangle in creating boundary problems.
- Ethical dilemmas specific to energy healing
Lead Trainer - David Feinstein
Power Pod - David Feinstein, Cynthia Hutchinson, Phil Mollon
Ethics & Legal Risk Management
When you learn about the legalities of having an energy healing practice, it empowers you to do your work without worry and while being in integrity. The result? You can provide the highest level of service to your clients. Some of the things you will learn include:
- What you can and cannot say on your website to stay ethical and legal, including: a) claims b) testimonials c) practitioner title
- What unlicensed practitioners need to know to protect themselves from being in violation of ethical standards of state boards.
- What you need in your informed consent forms and website disclaimers. (You do have one, right?)
- Learn what violations the special the task force of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is looking for on websites like yours.
- What you need to do to make sure the you are protected under Health Care Freedom laws.
- The types of things that you can and cannot say when describing your services so that you don't violate ethical and legal rules.
Important Note: While the focus of this module is on the legal landscape of the U.S. , the questions raised and areas requiring attention are probably relevant in many other countries as well.
Lead Trainer - Midge Murphy
Power Pod - Midge Murphy, Lisa Mentgen-Gordon
Spiritual Competence Training
You probably know the importance of being trained in cultural competencies so that you are more able to understand a person from within their culture. A person's spirituality and/or religion is a major cultural variable in how they view themselves and the world. But most practitioners receive no training in how to be sensitive to and work with these variables. Topics in this eye opening module include:
- The 16 competencies in spiritual and religious diversity that every professional should have to be basically competent .
- Research shows most people want their spiritual/religious life to be part of their sessions. Learn effective ways to do this.
- Your spiritual/religious biases may be impacting your work with clients
in negative ways. Learn how to uncover them so you can serve with more clarity.
- How to frame an effective question about spiritual beliefs without weaving in
your own biases.
- A spiritual assessment tool you can use with clients immediately.
- How to create space for conversations dealing with potentially abusive forms of
religion and spirituality.
- How to support a client's use of religion and/or spirituality without being an expert in it.
Lead Trainer - Cassandra Vieten
Power Pod - Cassandra Vieten, Ken Cohen, Cynthia Hutchinson
Navigating Blind Spots About Money
Many therapists and healers are conflicted around helping people while making a good living. Does that apply to you at all? This module will provide a wealth of ideas that can change how you think about money in a way that is deeply ethical and supportive of you and your clients.
- Discover the cultural lies we tell ourselves about money that are impacting our ability to have financial sufficiency
- Learn the 3 negative myths about money and how to change them
- Discover the radical, surprising truth about sufficiency
- How do you decide ethically what to charge? Learn key methods you can use immediately.
- Learn how to ethically include conversations in your initial consultations and/or informed consent process that radically increases the perceived value of your services.
- Gain key practices for effectively managing your money
Lead Trainer - Lynne Twist
Power Pod - Lynne Twist, David Gruder, Amelia Vogler
Understanding Race-Based Stress and Trauma: An Ethical Imperative
Ethnic and race-based stress and trauma are undeniable realities for millions of people, yet many clinicians do not understand what they are. Dealing with issues of race, ethnicity and diversity in general are often difficult and challenging. In the 21st century, it is an ethical imperative that therapists, healers and all health professionals have awareness, compassion and skill sets to deal with these issues. This module can be part of your journey of learning and discovery. Topics include:
- Exploring ethical mistakes and missteps about race, ethnicity and trauma
- How to create compassionate space for conversations dealing with race and ethnicity
- Your reactions about race and ethnicity may be impacting your work with clients in negative ways. Learn how to uncover them so you can serve with more clarity.
- The experiences of therapists of color
- Creating larger and more spiritual frames for dealing with issues of “the other”
Lead Trainer – Gail Parker
Power Pod – Shawn Blue, Alfred Heath, Inga Blazio, Phil Mollon
Faculty - Lead Trainers
David Feinstein, PhD
Clarity & Wisdom in Boundaries,
Roles & Expectations
- Co-director of Innersource with Donna Eden
- Leading expert on energy psychology
- Served on faculty of Johns Hopkins University
- Author of 8 books, including Ethics Handbook for Healing Practitioners
Midge Murphy, JD, PhD
Ethics & Risk Management
- First attorney to receive PhD in energy medicine from Holos University
- Leading expert on ethics, legal principles and risk management strategies as applied to energy healing methods
- Author, Practice Energy Healing in Integrity: The Joy of Offering Your Gifts Legally & Ethically
Gail Parker, PhD, C-AIYT
Understanding Race-Based Stress and Trauma
- Psychologist and certified yoga therapist
- Nationally and internationally renowned media personality, educator, author, and thought leader
- President, Black Yoga Teachers Alliance
- Author, Restorative Yoga for Ethnic and Race-Based Stress and Trauma
Navigating Blind Spots About Money
- Recognized global visionary
- Author, The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life
- Founder, Soul of Money Institute
- Has worked with over 100,000 people in 50 countries
Cassandra Vieten, PhD
- President, Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Scientist, Mind-Body Medicine Research Group at California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute
- Clinical psychologist
- Author, Spiritual and Religious Competencies in Clinical Practice: Guidelines for Psychotherapists and Mental Health Professionals plus several other books.
Power Pod Faculty
Shawn Blue, PhD, DCEP
- Clinical associate professor, Thomas Jefferson University
- Staff psychologist, Student Counseling Center
- Specializes in trauma, eating disorders and energy psychology
- Co-chair, ACEP's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Inga Blazio, MSW
- Licensed social worker, life coach and meditation teacher in Maryland
- Mental health services to adolescents, children, adults, family and couples
- Member, Board of Social Work; active on Ethics Committee
- Co-chair, ACEP's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Ken Cohen, MS
- QiGong GrandMaster
- Indigenous medicine practitioner
- Author, The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing
- Over 200 journal articles on spirituality and health
Shoshana Garfield, PhD
- Advanced practitioner and trainer of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Certified psychoanalytic energy psychology practitioner
- Vice chair, AAMET International
- Resilience trainer for Achilles Initiative
David Gruder, PhD
- Founder & president, Integrity Culture Systems™
- Co founder and first president of ACEP
- Author, Sensible Self-Help
- Author, The New IQ: How Integrity Intelligence Serves You, Your Relationships & Our World
Alfred Heath, MA, LPC
- Counselor, coach, healer fostering mind-body-spirit-energy wellbeing
- Developer, ZeroPoint Intentional
- Principal educator and trainer, Be Set Free Fast™
- Member, ACEP’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Lori C. Hops, PhD
- Psychologist and Reiki master
- 20 years in private practice
- Teaches workshops and seminars on topics such as energy practices & spirituality
- Serves on ACEP’s Board of Directors as secretary
Cynthia Hutchison, DNSc
- Director, Healing Touch Program™
- Teaches all levels of the HT curriculum
- Private practice in Healing Touch and transpersonal psychotherapy
- Registered nurse
- CEO/owner, Healing Touch Program, which was founded by her mother.
- Focuses on expanding, enhancing, and spreading this program globally
- Founder, Energy Medicine Professional Association
Phil Mollon, PhD, DCEP
- Author of ten books, including Psychoanalytic Energy Psychotherapy
- Works in psychiatric settings within the British National Health Service
- Maintains private practice
- ACEP president, chairs Ethics Committee
Robert Schwarz, PsyD
- Executive director, ACEP
- Clarity & Wisdom course director and Power Pod moderator
- Licensed psychologist
- Author, Tools for Transforming Trauma and We're No Fun Anymore
Amelia Vogler, MS
- Executive director, Healing Touch Professional Association
- Supports the Healing Touch community worldwide through educational programs and professional development resources
- Private practice providing energy-based therapies and mentoring for holistic practitioners
Julie Brown Yao, PhD
- Director, education and program development, Compassionate Care ALS
- PhD in somatic depth psychology
- Private practice focused on reducing stress, resolving trauma and cultivating compassion
- Yoga and meditation teacher
You'll get these powerful learning tools
VIDEOS of all faculty presentations that you can stream or download to watch anywhere, any time.
AUDIO FILES for easy listening. You can download these files quickly and listen to them anywhere
PROFESSIONAL TRANSCRIPTS that you can study to more easily integrate the key ideas into your work.
HANDOUTS that supplement the lectures, including graphs and charts
Wisdom Building Questions - Power Pod 1
David Gruder, PhD | Ken Cohen, MS | Julie Brown Yao, PhD | Robert Schwarz, PsyD, DCEP
Wisdom Building Questions - Power Pod 2
Phil Mollon, PhD | Lori C, Hops, PhD, DCEP | Shoshana Garfield, PhD |
Robert Schwarz, PsyD, DCEP
Eavesdrop on these Wisdom Conversations among experts. They discuss important ethical and existential matters you rarely get to hear about. There are so many gems in each of these sessions. The only question is do you prefer diamonds, emeralds or rubies?
Who says ethics has to be boring?
- How to address differences between the world views of energy healing & energy psychology and conventional Western views.
- How to use the idea that we create our own reality and not give a message that is perceived as blaming.
- How to develop your intuitive guidance and appropriately share nonordinary insights with your clients.
- How to deal with issues of death and dying.
- Is it an ethical problem to be too enthusiastic about your approach?
$150 value, free with your course
Buy our world-class Science of Energy Healing course for only $200 when you purchase it with this course. This is 60% off the regular price of $497.
Faculty Includes: Bruce Lipton, Gary Schwartz, Dean Radin, Beverly Rubik, Rupert Sheldrake and Lynn McTaggart. Learn more about the Science of Energy Healing course.
You save 60% or $297
two payments of $200
two payments of $200
Purchase this program 100% Risk Free
Purchasing this amazing course is 100% risk free with ACEP’s unconditional guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, contact us within 30 days after purchase and we will refund 100% of your money. No refunds will be processed after 30 days.
10 CE credits are available for
Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Social Workers,
Addiction Counselors, and LMFTS
ACEP is no longer an approved NBCC Continuing Education Provider.
We are in the process of re-applying to NBCC.
You can purchase CE for only $30.
View CE Information
This course is designed for beginner through advanced practitioners.
Course Completion Statement: To receive your proof of attendance, you will need to purchase the CE option in addition to the course. Once purchased, you will receive instructions in the course website on how to access the 4 module post tests and the course evaluation. Once you have passed the post tests (with 75% correct or higher) and completed the evaluation, you will receive a link to print your certificate of attendance. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to you.
Instructions for Requesting Accomodations for Disabilities
If you require accommodations for a disability, please contact us at (619) 861-2237 or via email at email@example.com.
Questions or Concerns?
For more information, questions or concerns, contact ACEP - Leslie Primavera | firstname.lastname@example.org | (619) 861-2237.
ACEP is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Association
Brought to you by
ACEP works to establish the credibility and efficacy of energy psychology methods through its programs of education, certification, ethics, humanitarian aid and research. By upholding standards of practice and a code of ethics for energy psychology practitioners, ACEP raises the bar of professionalism for this emerging field. ACEP also has ongoing initiatives to increase public awareness of the effectiveness and cost efficiency of these methods. Formed as a non-profit in 1999, ACEP has a global membership of over 1,200 licensed mental health professionals and allied health practitioners. energypsych.org
©2017 Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology